Weekly RCMP report
Creston Media Report
Police received 78 calls for assistance from October 30th to November 6th, 2018.
October 30, 2018
- A traffic stop in Creston led to the prohibited driver being charged and having his vehicle impounded.
- Report of an overdue traveller from Trail to Creston. The traveller was found safe.
October 31, 2018
- A report of suspicious people along Highway 3 near Yahk was found to be motorists who struck a deer and were flagging for help.
- A call of a suspicious vehicle in Lister resulted in the drug impaired driver being charged for breaching release conditions, having his licence suspended, and spending the night in police cells until sober.
- Police attended a noisy Halloween party in Creston. To stop the noise.
November 1, 2018
- Report of an intoxicated person causing a disturbance at the Lower Kootenay.
- Police attended a complaint of a domestic assault in which alcohol was a factor. The suspect was arrested and held for a bail hearing.
- Police attended the Creston hospital to assist in removing a male causing a disturbance.
November 2, 2018
- Report of attempted fraud over social media.
- Report of a theft of a purse at a Creston business.
- Creston RCMP assisted CP Police with an impaired driver in Kitchener.
- Police intervened in a family dispute involving money.
November 3, 2018
- Police attended the Creston Hospital to assist with an unwanted male.
- Police were called to a local Creston business to assist in removing an intoxicated male.
- Police were called to a disturbance between two parties over the suspicion of infidelity.
- Police responded to two separate theft from vehicle complaints.
November 4, 2018
- A traffic stop for failing to stop at a stop sign in Creston resulted in the drinking driver being issued a 3 day licence suspension.
- A call to a domestic disturbance resulted in the two intoxicated parties being separated until sober enough to provide details to police.
- Police were called to assist in locating a youth who had left home.
November 5, 2018
- Police intervened in a disturbance at a local business.
- A report of harassment from a former employer was received.
- Report of a vehicle that was damaged overnight on Canyon Street.
- A dog complaint in Lister was referred to RDCK Bylaw.
- A dog complaint in Creston was referred to Creston Bylaw.
- Police were called to a landlord – tenant dispute.
- While investigating a separate disturbance at the Lower Kootenay, police heard a call for help form the forest. An intoxicated individual was located and lodged in police cells until sober due to his inability to care for himself.
S/Sgt. Ryan Currie