Three people needed to be taken to hospital after a house fire in Fruitvale Monday night.
Regional Fire Chief Terry Martin says a pot had been left unattended on the stove.
Crews contained the fire to the kitchen area.
Martin says if a pot does ignite on a stove and the fire is small then putting the lid on can smother the flames. But if it’s large you have to get out of the house and call 911.
- Advertisement -
The homeowners rescue pets and Martin says fortunately none of those were hurt.
*Picture – a rescued ferret needed oxygen after smoke inhalation