The fire that destroyed a Christina Lake landmark early Saturday morning was not arson.
This from Fire Chief Ken Gresley-Jones after a thorough 7-hour investigation at the site of the Crow and Bear pub.
The cause is almost certainly wiring that was stapled under the floor boards.
The building has three-phase power and the staples and wires eventually connected after years of vibrations.
Gresley-Jones says when crews arrived at the scene early Saturday morning it was fully involved and there is nothing they could have done to save it.
- Picture – Grace McGregor – Facebook